• ORACLE Solaris 11
for our public data server platform (pon)
• CentOS7 Linux
for our origination data server platform (xon)
Red Hat Linux for our media server platform (ion)
Ubuntu Linux for our main group data server platform (kon)
Ubuntu Linux for our backup group data server platforms (jon)
• SUN Solaris 10
for our legacy backup data server platform (ton)
• Apple's Mac OS El Capitan 10.11.1 for our eight
(bon, con, don, gon, hon, ron, son, von)
• XQuartz 2.7.8
for X Windows emulation
• HTML/CSS for
web development and maintenance
• PHP 5 for dynamic online applications
• MySQL for database applications
• Adobe Photoshop CC2014 for image manipulation and editing
• Adobe Flash Pro CC2014 for dynamic online applications
• Adobe's InDesign CC2014 for graphics applications development
• Apple's Final Cut Pro X for media applications development
• Xilisoft for audio/video format conversion
• Sorenson's Squeeze 10 for video compression
• Adobe Flash Media Server 4.0 for RTMP streaming (ion and won)
• File servers
We use several file servers, which are mirrored to contain the same information.
We back our servers automatically every day.
For added security, the servers are located in different buildings.
• Media servers
We use three media servers, which are mirrored to contain the same information.
• File management
We use the shell (terminal window) for file management. The shell (vector) is more effective that a conventional window (raster).
• Privileged access
About 20% of our website has privileged access, requiring username and password.
Every once in a while, we create a new webpage using HTML and CSS, with cut and paste editing as appropriate.
Once created, we use the page repeatedly as a template
for new pages of similar content.
We use a variety of backgrounds and colors to provide a page design that is appealing to the eye.
We make extensive use of image manipulation (Adobe Photoshop) and graphic design software (Adobe InDesign).
Our video portal highlights our growing capabilities in this area.
We use a digital numbering system to uniquely refer to links on the site.
We use a New page to highlight new links on the site.
We make extensive use of subdomains to highlight the most important links of the site.
We use a unique search/index engine to readily find links on the site.
• Slide show
Click here to view a slide show of our random rotary portal images.
We comb our website regularly to update information as needed. We adhere to the concept that website development is an ongoing experience.
• 17,000 links
• 1,130 random portal images
• 335 scripts
• 299 videos
• 110 subdomains
• 243 legacy tales